Most often you have to watch very content sites for people, mostly blogs created by authors without the involvement of a web developer. They are completely absent:
- Page description
- micro markup
- The robots.txt file
If you decide to create a site yourself, we will improve the quality at no cost to the wallet. So how can a beginner optimize their WordPress site competently and quickly?
Appears in the description meta tag. Each page should have its own description. The importance of a page description is that the search engine can use it to create snippets. The description has an impact on the search engine ranking.
Page headers (h1-h6 tags)
They are used to indicate the importance of the text that is placed after each heading. With it, you can structure your text by subheadings, which will give the text a more well-groomed and streamlined look as your site progresses.
The most important tag is h1, which is the most important title that should be placed at the top of the page. Do not add more than one h1 tag, as the search engine may ambiguously identify the tag and discard important information.
Use the h2-h6 subheadings as you see fit. Useful title tags will help drive traffic growth. You do not need to place all of the text in the title tags, as the search engine can only define the first few words of the text and reject the rest.
It is the only standard recognized by the most popular search engines such as Google, Yandex, Yahoo and Bing.
Micro markup is a semantic layout of pages for structuring data based on the introduction of custom attributes in the HTML code of the document.
- The logical structure of the information on the page helps search engines retrieve and process data.
- Generating advanced snippets on a search results page improves clickability.
The markup occurs directly in the HTML of the pages using custom attributes and does not require the creation of separate export files.
The robots.txt file
This is a list of restrictions for search bots (bots) that visit a site and scan information on it. Before crawling and indexing your site, all robots go to the robots.txt file and look for rules.
A robots.txt file is a simple text file located in the root directory of your site. And it should be available at: your site / robots.txt
There are several reasons to use a robots.txt file on your site:
- remove duplicate content;
- hide unwanted information;
- limit indexing speed.
This is a file of information about the pages of the site to be indexed. By placing this file on the site, you can:
- tell search engines which pages on your site you want to index;
- how often the information on the pages is updated;
- indexing which pages are most important.
You can make micro-markings, page descriptions and headings by editing pages in Notepad ++, in the built-in Wordpress HTML file editor and using the plugin. If you are not a specialist in HTML coding, the best solution is to use a ready-made plugin. It is also wise to use a plugin when administering a web site developed by a web developer will be a normal user without HTML knowledge. When developing a site for the customer, developers often go the way of hyper-optimization at the expense of usability. The customer, in this case, is forced to contact a specialist more and more often with any changes on the site. If the site will continue to be managed by trained staff, there is no need to install SEO optimization plugins.
Plugin All in One SEO Pack
This small-weight plugin wins against competitors (for example: WordPress SEO by Yoast weighs several times more).
This plugin since 2007 is the best choice among the plugins responsible for SEO site optimization. Statistics: More than 19 million downloads of this plugin from the official WordPress site.
What are the features of the All in One seo Pack plugin?
- customize title and meta tags for all blog pages;
- automatically generates headlines and descriptions for blog articles (feature for lazy)
- eliminates unnecessary sections, archives and blog pages from search;
- Has the ability to connect the blog to Google Webmaster Bing and Pinterest;
- Adapt your blog from Google+ to search for your profile, by adding your account id in the settings.
- Ability to connect to Google Analytics blog
- knows how to create a full-automatic XML sitemap for search engines
- has indexing settings (noindex) for headings, archives, tag archives, search pages, author archives;
- has a section for optimization exceptions;
- generates keywords (not considered by search engines, so their use can be disabled in the plugin settings) and descriptions for proper display of the blog on social networks, downloads images of the main page of the site;
- increase memory limit (if possible according to server settings);
- has convenient system statistics and plugins installed;
- handy File Editor for robots.txt and .htaccess;
- translated into Russian and Ukrainian.